Friday, June 1, 2007

Criminals in the Classroom

Investigation News - Criminals in the Classroom - PInow.com Investigator Directory: "Every year images of teachers are plastered all over televisions and news stands and it’s not because they are being given some prestigious award.

In fact, it’s just the opposite. They are being accused of what many consider the worst crime in this country: sexual assault against a child.

Pamela Rogers, an elementary school teacher was charged with having sex with one of her 13 year old students. She was sentenced to 9 months in jail but was released in six months due to good behavior. However, she got into trouble again for violating her probation when she used the internet to contact the 13 year old boy and his family. She also sent him a home video of herself doing a striptease. When Rogers appeared in court on July 14, 2006, she told the judge., “I don’t know what I was thinking. It’s clear I wasn’t thinking. I was blinded by emotions that I’m ashamed that I had.” The judge sentenced her to seven years in prison for probation violation."

No comments: